Day 2 of Washington DC

Washington Travel Blog

Day 2 of Washington DC.

2ndday in Washington DC brings on more exciting adventures. Start the day off by going to the lobby and buying some breakfast from the Starbucks there. I never drink coffee ever, but today I make the exception. I am a total amateur coffee drinker as I buy a large one and all black, no sugar. I try to gulp it down with all mighty and forgot it was hot. Later on in the morning I get the jidders from drinking all that caffeine. Big mistake of drinking coffee today, never again.

From then I make it down to the metro train and navigate my way to the other part of the city. My destination this morning will be the National Zoo. It is only 8 in the morning but the zoo is already very busy with people.

From all the exhibits, there are exotic birds, bears and reptiles and a polar bear. There are many many type of animals here to see. I highly recommend this zoo for anyone in the area. I attend lunch here after checking out the Ape Exhibit. Lunch was from a small kiosk and I ate a lettuce and tomato sandwich with a Coca-Cola. It was a bit pricey as I Was in the Zoo, but all well.

I leave the zoo and head back into the main part of the city VIA Metro. This metro is one of the best ones I have used in many cities. I get off at the Ronald Reagan Institute and its an amazing shaped building. This is a school and outside exterior is quite impressive. I take a few photos here as it is something to see. I leave here and continue walking and end up to the Central Command Centre of the world, the White House. I make it to the White House where there are many crowds here.

Well, for security reasons I am not able to get past the gate, I can only see from outside. It is quite amazing to see this structure as its one of those things you see on TV all the time, in person its more excellent.

I then venture into the main business district of the city. Make it to the post office building which is totally huge. Go through tight security check to get inside the building. Inside is a food court and tower, its quite large area and very historic. Outside I walk some more and end up at the FBI Headquarters, and no X files does not exist here. I took many photos here so check them out as it gives a better description.

From then I make to my last attraction of the day to the grand central train station. It is a very neat building, with lots of gold on inside and statues. In side there is a huge food court with many cultures types of food here.

panda
I had some type of Chinese food here and it was totally amazing, go check it out.

Afterwards I make it back to the hotel for rest as tonight is gonna be night out.

For the evening I have booked to go on a booze cruise called the Boomerang Bus. Which is a bus that goes to different bars/clubs in a school bus and you get deals on drinks. There is music playing on the bus and dancing poles, as well you can drink inside., Quite fun. (check out my review on this Boomerang Bus)

I make it to the starting point at some Irish Pub. Get my armband and for few drinks. Go with some group onto the bus and off to a first bunch of bars. We make it to total of 4 or 5 bars/clubs in 3 hours.

The price we pay included cover charges and drinks for some place. One of the best clubs we ended up at was one called the Tattoo Club, I have a review on this one as well.

There was a some girls doing a bridal shower on board and some guy having a bachelor party as well, good place to go with a group of friends, check it out.

I make it back on my own safely to the Hotel later at night around 3am. VIA metro, quite safe even at that hour.

Check out this blog on Exciting World Travels