East Kilbride Travel Blog

• Borre = my nephew 3 years old
  • Finnlay = my nephew 1 year old
  • Me = aunt (tante) Marloes
  • Bart = uncle (oom) BartJE

Finally we arrived Edinburgh after a real short flight. We couldn't wait to see our family again and when we saw Wiek with Borre on his shoulders waiting for us, it just felt so good. Borre couldn't remember us but he was still happy to see us and we just felt familiar to him. We hugged for a while and than quickly drove to East Kilbride where Lot and Finn were waiting for us. After a 40 minutes drive we arrived a hill with a white farm on it. That is the only house on that hill.

My family's backyard
Just behind the farm is the cottage of our family with an awsome big backyard. A complete wood is in it! I didn't knew it was that big. But first we went inside to see the others. I first saw Finn, a little man who have never seen us before. He was standing there, looking at us and than smiled and wanted to be picked up. It was so strange, we felt so good to him he immediately want to hug with us. Seeing my sis-in-law was also so strange as it was 2 years ago already I've seen her. It really felt good to be with them again.

After having lunch and after we gave them their presents we took a walk in the garden/woods. Man it's so big!!! We're not used to it at all. After the walk we went to a castle and a play-yard in East Kilbride and visited a small zoo for the boys. They immediately feel comfortable being with us. Borre hold my hand all the time and Bart and Finn were big buddies. :) Finn is a small version of Bart with some details of Wiek. So funny. Also funny is that Borre was calling Bart uncle BartJE, hahahahahaha! Everybody is calling him Bartje in stead of Bart, even the young children. :) After a long walk we went to their home again and made dinner, a real scottisch meal which I didn't liked so I ate someting else. I don't like haggish (or how do they call it?). We enjoyed our first day here in Scotland and want to see so much more. Unfortunately we won't have a lot of time so we have to come back real soon but I don't matter as I will be able to see the boys again. :)

clairerich81 says:
I live in East Kilbride, so its nice to see when someone else writes about it! :))
Posted on: Sep 26, 2008
marloesetman says:
Yes it is strange indeed, I brought a lot of presents to break the ice :) but it wasn't necesairy, strange right?
Posted on: Sep 09, 2008