Traveling is not only mentioned to discover new places...

Dordrecht Travel Blog

Schiphol

Traveling is not only mentioned to discover new places, but I have to admit this is usually the reason for me to travel. Being somewhere far away from home where the culture is different, spices and music are diferent so I feel like being in a total different world. It's also important for me I will hunger for my own house, cats, friends and family again at the end of our journey. This time it will be totally different. This time we will travel to a new place, Scotland, not to discover but just to be with our family again.

When my sister in law and her husband moved to Scotland, my nephew was only a half year old. Since they went there, 3 years ago, we've seen them 2 times. Last year my other nephew was born and I haven't seen him yet. He's 1 year old now.

Schiphol
Actually the thought of not being there already is so stupid...we travelled to Asia, Afrika and saw Russia...but we haven't been in Scotland yet. We both have very busy jobs and a very busy social life so every time we wanted to come they didn't had any time and when they were here we were on holiday. We decided we desperately needed to make some time for them as family is something special and this weekend it will finally happen, we will see our family again and meet our little nephew! :)

As their aunt I can't show up without any presents of course so I first wanted to take a little suitcase with me but all the presents I bought today won't fit. And I also want to take some typicall Dutch stuff with me for my sister in law as she is missing 'appelstroop' and 'hagelslag' haha! (chocolate on bread)  I received an e-mail this morning from Lot (my sis-in-law) that my nephew told everybody that we are coming this weekend. In stores, at the bakery, nursery...whole East Kilbride knows we're coming and I really can't wait! :)

Joost1976 says:
wowwww......you have a whole town waiting and specialy family also, great :D
Posted on: Sep 18, 2008