Weekend fun

Bozeman Travel Blog

Jersey and Steph at the mountain

I only had a long weekend to spend in Bozeman, so we made the most of our time.  On Friday we rode bikes around town and up on the trails surrounding the area.  We lunched at a great place downtown and paid visits to our friends in the neighborhood.

Steph was housesitting for a woman who lived on a massive ranch outside of town, so in the early afternoon she picked us up and drove us out to hang out.  The place was enormous--and beautiful.  She had acres and acres of land, with a view of the mountains in the distance.  Her house had a two story deck with a jacuzzi and a view of the sunset.  She had speakers throughout the house so you could have surround sound wherever you were, and a duck pond in the back yard.

On the ski lift
  She had a massive grill on the first floor of the deck, and in her house were beautiful paintings and totally sweet showers.  She also had a huge barn, two crazy dogs, and a couple horses.

On the way to the house, though, we stopped by a furniture store to visit a couple friends as they made tables and chairs in a barn.  We also stopped at a brewery to buy a large jug of beer.  We sat enjoying the view, and cooked out on the grill.  We made use of the jacuzzi (and the totally sweet showers), until it was time to go.  I wish I had a ranch like that!  I'd have horses and wild parties all the time...

The next day, me, Steph, and Jersey went hiking.  Well, not hardcore hiking...we climbed some trails by a lake and a waterfall.

At the bar
  Steph brought the two dogs she was watching, and we hung out in the wilderness for awhile.  There was lots of picture taking--the scenery was fantastic!  For dinner that night we dined in style at the nicest restaurant in town, and then went out for some drinking and fun.

On my last day we crashed some graduation parties...all you do is ride around until you find a park with a picnic going on, then join right in as though you've been invited!  Me, Jersey, and her friend Shaun made a couple rounds of the neighborhood and had fun swinging on swings and enjoying free food.  We went to happy hour at the rooftop bar, and hung out there late into the night.  By and by the other guys came around, and good times were had by all.

I was so sad to leave!  Jersey's still hanging out in Bozeman though, so maybe I'll pay her another visit...during ski season this time perhaps (even though I haven't gone skiing since I was 12!).

Biking
In awe
Pretty ranch
Pretty ranch
Check out that mountain!
"Check out that mountain!"
Sad to leave.