Massage in jail

Chiang Mai Travel Blog

It's 100 years old house!

There’s nothing to do today. We had to return the bike before noon. It was the last day, should be the most relaxing day so we decided to have a massage. But not the general one as we went before. We went to the prison!  The good prisoners will massage you with the proper price. It’s not dangerous as they are the good prisoners who will get out of the jail in 3-6 months.  But it’s full. So the police who is in charge told us that there’s another one, works by the ex-prisoners if we want. Yes, we want. Five minutes later, the nice car came to pick us up to Lila Thai massage and spa.

Nice place and nice people. Lila thai Massage shop is established according to the Director of Chiangmai Women’s prison, to support the released inmates to earn a legal living.

Nice place near the prison to have lunch!
It’s a nice idea. Because some employments cannot hire them or refused them, even they’re skillful in some kind of jobs. Most of women’s prisoner made a wrong move in their lives, so better give them a chance if they really wants to be a good one.

So here at Lila Thai, their masseuse received skill on 180 hrs massage training during their imprisonment and received the assessment by Chiangmai public health. I took a Thai massage for one hour, it’s about 180 THB. Ale took the herbal massage for 2.15hrs., it’s 500THB. For me, it was really awesome massage that I ever had! It seems like she knew what I want and where I hurt. Was worth it!  Good thing is, not only they make you feel good after have a good massage but you do the same to them also by supporting them to start new lives and earn a legal living!

We had the last dinner at The writer’s club where Ale told me that it’s the Lonely planet writers go to hangout there.

At massage center, near the prison.
(I knew after I sat down). A food was good. But first time Ale ordered Lab-Mhu (pork spicy salad), he found 3 hairs in the dish which wasn’t mine! So we told the waitress, she said she will cook a new one for us. (Lucky them that we’re not in the bad mood at the mo. Five minutes after a new dish came. It was clean, and yummy! (I joked Ale that maybe they just took the hairs out). He told me this Lab-Mhu is the best taste than ever. (Really??? Really? Ok, it may be good because of the taste of the hair haha…)

Back home with Thai Airways, not delayed. Even I wasn’t impress this trip much but wasn’t that bad.  At least I earned1,000 ROP miles from Thai airways.  :D

newtampo says:
Hahahaah you have to try! Mine is delicious also! Thank you!
Posted on: Sep 08, 2008
0kee says:
great blog. enjoyed reading it. i rather ale's breakfast though :-)
Posted on: Sep 08, 2008
Its 100 years old house!
It's 100 years old house!
Nice place near the prison to have…
Nice place near the prison to hav…
From my window
Novotel Hotel
Novotel Hotel
Chiangmai
Chiangmai
Waiting for the cab to the airport.
Waiting for the cab to the airport.
Suwannabhumi Airport.
Suwannabhumi Airport. No people.
Suwannabhumi Airport. No people.
He just back from War, haha.
He just back from War, haha.
Chiang Mai