Hot - everywhere

Chiang Mai Travel Blog

Thai cultural musuem

If I don't have any special occasion, I don't take leave often. But since I work here, gosh, I'd like to take a break as soon as I have a chance. Even just one day, half day, or one-four day, I'll be appreciated to do. So when I was asked to have a holiday somewhere over the weekend, even the question came up at 5am, I was conscious enough to say yes, we'll go, please go! It's time to leave a job and a mess for a while.

At first, we planned to go to Penang, Malaysia.

Long time ago.
But I think it's expensive so we don't go there. (but after Chiangmai trip just realized that actually I spent same!!). The second plan was Krabi, Phuket, Samed Island, Koh Chang, Lipeh Island, Lijieng China, Macao, HongKong, etc. But seems there's a problem in every place - "it's not a season to go, it's raining so hard now, it's expensive, no filights, blah blah blah so we ended at Chiangmai.

We chose Thai Airways which is more expensive than Air Asia about 1,000 THB but we had many reasons - not delayed (much), Service, especially ROP mileage. Actually it's not my preferable but my companion wanted to. (but now it's good for me also :D)

Just 50 minuted on the plane. I haven't had a chance to sleep yet, we landed already! Some say Chiangmai is the second Bangkok.

The king and his soldiers
Could be. But Chiangmai just doesn't has Siam Paragon yet, that's all.

This is my 15th time here. I've been here often with my dad and a few times with my friends. It's good to visit here in winter or for summer should be during Songkran Festival. Chiangmai is one of the most favorite cities that my dad would like to live when he's getting older (than now). I agreed. But now .. I don't know. Maybe, could be, may be, maybe. I like northern of Thailand because in winter it's cold. Not like Bangkok that has the same season all the year - rainy season and summer! But Chiangmai is too noisy and too civilization for me. Could be Pai, Maehongson or Nan, would be great. But ... I don't know yet.

But this time Chiangmai is quiet. Not many tourists around, thought due to the riot in Thailand at the moment? Many tourists cancelled the flight. Chiangmai today is different from last time.

To the gate!
Less people, hot and dry, etc. Usually I go to north just in winter as it a good season to go.

On the day I landed, got a phone called from my friend. "new, go to Makawal Bridge with me now" .. (the mob is there, Bangkok). She was disappointed that I'm in Chiangmai. In the evening the news said "the polices came to disintegrate the mob with the tear gas." .. incredible! Politic can create and destroy everything, and will be again? .. Even after that night was alright but when I got back to Bangkok .. there's another fighting again. And one man died. - Some people misunderstood. Some people don't know the fact. They can say, can think what they want.) Most of Chiangmai people are against the Bangkok (anti-gov) mob. In bangkok we have two mobs now. Anti-government and pro-government. The first question I was asked after they knew that I'm from Bangkok was "are you with the anti-government mob?". What I can do what just "smile". Thought only bangkok was HOT but politic makes us HOT wherver we go. Now I'm in the middle but if one day I have to choose, I know where I stand for. But just hope that no one has to choose. We're Thai. We all are same.

newtampo says:
Aioh : I just see your comment now! Why? I don't know. Thanks but yes 15 hahaha. Anyway when will we meet? Next week? :D
Posted on: Oct 05, 2008
aiohdmg says:
Haha..Wooo 15th times!!
Ya.. i do surprise as MAy hehe..
BTW, i like Pai so much!!!

Haha..Erna!! Let 's come to Chiang
mai during Apr 13-15!!! It's a load of fun!!!
Posted on: Sep 16, 2008
newtampo says:
May : Haha yeah. I've visited there often. But can say you better go in Winter or during Songkran day. It's really nice! :)

Erna : hehe same as I told May, winter or during Songkran. But for any season, you'll love the walking street there! :) Miss yoU!
Posted on: Sep 09, 2008