Day 10 - Bloukrans Bungee Jump

Bloukrans Bridge Travel Blog

So I've never before in all my 38 years done anything like this.  Never zip lined...  Never bungee jumped... So I thought... If I'm going to do it I might as well go big!  So on day 10 of my trip I got up early and had a very light breakfast.  Made my way over to Face Adrenalin and signed my life away.  Turns out I was the first Fox and first jumper of the day.

My guide, Werner (pronounced Verner) was awesome.  They got me all trussed up in my harness and we were off.  There's a little bit of a hike to get down to the bridge where they put me in a second harness so that I could do the Flying Fox out to the bungee jump.  And I will say this to anyone going to try it... Take the Flying Fox out to the jump.  The walk back under the bridge was 10 times worse than just zipping out.

As if the zip line out was not thrilling enough, they got me all tied around the ankles and said "5, 4, 3, 2, 1... JUMP!"  I have to tell you it was the scariest yet most thrilling thing I've done in my life.
aggiephikt says:
:) It was definitely the adventure I was looking for!
Posted on: Sep 29, 2008
julrobmar says:
OMG, brave brave brave brave brave man. Snake wrangling is nothing compared to this. You are my hero.
Posted on: Sep 26, 2008