Describing Dumplings and other food-like adventures

Taipei Travel Blog

Dwelling behind the grounds of the hotel.
12 noon, Taoyuen Airport

The name of the restaurant that Naomi picked escapes my memory, but the menu had pictures of everything, so I could point to what I wanted, even though I had no clue what was inside the dumpling.  We got many kinds to share at the table.  The crab-garlic ones were flat and rectangular, and so soft, unlike the shrimp-garlic, which were similar to those I have had before when Wayne brought them home from San Fran.  There was one kind which had only vegetable.  It was similar to spinach.  We had soup with a type of squash or eggplant.  Fried rice, fried noodles, and as much tea as we could drink!  I do love my tea.  The dessert was an almond tofu thing.  It was like almond flavoured silk-style tofu drenched in almond milk.  Chinese flan?  Yum.

Several of us went to a bar afterward that was specializing in Belgian beers.  It was full, so we went to a different Belgian Beer bar around the corner.  What?  Yeah.  Around the corner.  Apparently Belgian Bier is quite popular.  One of the girls and I split two different beers so we could try both.  They were around 8% alcohol and very tasty, as Belgian Bier tends to be.

For breakfast this morning, my hotel and a complimentary buffet.  I was happy to see a pile of lychee, something from home.  I tried two different Chinese Breakfast rolls.  One was more salty, while the other was sweet.  The eggs were steamed or something into a silky tofu texture.  It was like a salty, buttery flan.  I guess I'm comparing lots of things to flan! :)  Shout out to Shelbi and Zach.  A flan.

Nobody seems to wear sun glasses here, which is interesting.  My cab driver honked the horn a lot if we were about to pass someone, just so they would know we were there.  Traffic is different.  People just go and don't really give a shit!  I love all the colours and textures of signs and buildings.  Gas stations look like rainbows here.
Dwelling behind the grounds of the…
Dwelling behind the grounds of th…
photo by: Deats