back to Ceiba

La Ceiba Travel Blog

Went snorkeling in the morning, for one last look at the reef.  I only had an hour and I wanted to keep looked, but then came to my sense when I got really close to a moray eel that I hadn't noticed.  Also, I collected some coral.  Got back to our hotel, tight schedule as 1, we were leaving the island, and two, we were gonna do a shark feeding dive that morning.   AWESOME!  Did the shark dive, wow, there were about 18 reef sharks, not too scary, about 6 to 7 feet long were these guys, but you know, this is the first time I've been in the water with 18 sharks so it was awesome.  We were right up on the a reef wall and the shark were circling this bucket of chum that the divemaster brought underwater.  Very cool.  They came like 2 feet from me, and for Karina like 1 foot.  She was smiling ear to ear.  I don't know how she kept her regulator (the breather thing) in place.  Hah, so fun.  Anyway, after that, mad rush back to West End, and then back again to the 2pm boat.  Got to Ceiba, and umm, let me tell yah, the hotel we picked (Rotterdam I think), was cheap, but man.  I mean, they need two thing.  1. Fix the screens, cause of the bad screens, we couldn't leave the windows open, and cause of that the room was BAKING.  HOT.  So all night we slept like 4 hours despite the crummy fan they had.  Also at night, there was a river of ants that went from the bathroom window to the a hole in the wall.  And the light wasn't working, so luckily I had a flashlight.  Usually everything is planned ahead, but this hotel we stayed at cause we changed our schedule just a few days before while in Roatan.  The good thing was it was right near the restaurant Mango Tango.  MMMMMMM, the coconut shrimp was not that good, but the garlic fish, MAN!  YUM, GOOD!  So good.
La Ceiba