Roatan, Day 2

West End Travel Blog

our hotel
Went in the morning and did a scuba refresher course at this dive shop whose name I forget (they were good).  Then we went to a different dive shop for a dive later that day.  Pretty fun, it was great getting underwater again.  Karina saw an EAGLE RAY, but I missed it :(  The rest of the day was relaxing, trying to find some food and not.  It was like being one of the crabs.  Oh yah, word to the wise.  These things called sand fleas, AWFUL.  I thought mosquitos were the worse, the the sand fleas, they wait until your in your hotel, and if you had sand on your sandals or something, your walking to your bed and then, all of a sudden, 20 painful bites appear on your legs, or your arms, or whatever. JEEEZ.  Apparently they hate fresh water, so RINSE everything, and leave your sandals out the front door if you can.  Oh yah, I forget the restaurant, but don't order cerviche on this island.  It may be unfair, but what we got looked like someone just pooped it out of a can.  No good, and it was like $7.  What the hell?  (where was my fresh fish!)
our hotel
behold! the white monkey of roatan!
behold! the white monkey of roatan!
lizard