Second day Leiden meet-up

Leiden Travel Blog

Unknown bird

After waking up at 06.30 and not being able to get back to sleep (too hot?) I ended up getting dressed and going downstairs for some fresh air. My roommates Sonja, Anouk and Mariska were still fast asleep. I spent some time reading downstairs and eventually went back up to have a shower and change. Then went back downstairs ofr breakfast were Steve joined me after a little while.

After breakfast we decided to go for a walk and of course we did not forget the camera's! We walked for about an hour and then returned to the hotel where we gathered all the other people who had spent the night there. Keikp met us there as well. We then walked to the train station where we met up with the people who were joining us for the day. Luckily Guido had walked ahead as Bas was just about to leave because we were running so late! (It was difficult to get Mehmet out of bed apparently...)

With my calf muscles complaining loudly we went for another walk to the restaurant where lunch would be served.

Waterway
A lot of the food went to waste but it was very pleasant sitting outside in the sun which such good company. And lo and behold: Ket returned! After lunch we had planned to go boating but a lot of people did not want to make the effort anymore of peddling so we ended up looking for somewhere where we could rent a boat which would be motorised and operated by someone else. We didn't really succeed so eventually that idea was given up on and we all decended on a terrace for drinks. Most people went for soft drinks by now and conversation wasn't flowing much anymore. We were all very tired but reluctant to leave and say our goodbyes I think. But finally around 4pm the group started breaking up, some leaving by car, others by train or bicycle.

As Steve was coming back to Meppel with me and Wendy was taking the train to Leeuwarden we ended up travelling together. We got on the train in Leiden and missed getting off at Schiphol to change trains so did this at Amsterdam central instead. This meant another change at Amersfoort where luckily we got another airconditioned train. Steve and I left Wendy when we got to Meppel, got home, put the girls to bed, had pizza, more conversation and another late night...

pms70 says:
No, believe it or not we spent the whole way talking!
Posted on: Sep 06, 2008
londonstudent says:
Why did you miss getting off at Schipohl? I expect you were all having a nice little sleep :)
Posted on: Sep 06, 2008
Nice building
Nice building
Lunch
Lunch
Keiko was not prepared for this!
Keiko was not prepared for this!
Alex