Giant Ping-Pong in a frying pan

Melbourne Travel Blog

So, I am playing a little bit of catch up with my blog postings...I am don't think many people are reading this yet, so I am basically apologizing for nothing - how Canadian.

Today I decided to get a grounds pass for the Australia Open tennis - Amazing!  Well, I could have picked a better today.  They had to suspend play after a few hours because it was so stinkin' hot.  40+ degrees and even hotter on the courts.  I feel bad for some dude I watch play.  He was at match point (he could have won and got it over with, for those non-tennis fans) but he ran out of steam and lost that game.  After that, he was just done.  So sad because he was a low seed playing a top seed.

From CNN:

"Serb Janko Tipsarevic was two sets and two match points up on Argentine eighth seed Nalbandian before he visibly wilted in the heat, finally retiring when last year's semi-finalist had opened a 2-1 lead in the fifth.

"I was tired from the first point. It's not tennis any more, it's who is going to last longest in the sun," the world number 64 told reporters."

Melbourne