Den Den and HK

Hong Kong Travel Blog

14 hours isn't really a long time. It's just over 1/2 a day...840 minutes....I am not going to calculate the seconds. But, really, it isn't very long. It is, however, long when you're stuck on a plane in the middle of the Pacific sitting next to someone who you don't really want to get too friendly with because then you'll end up haivng to spend 13 hours and 55 minutes streatching out lines of small talk. I arrived in Hong Kong with the realization that I have no idea what I am going to do with myself there. Well, that's not friend Dennis is there and I was very excited to see him, but he had to work on the morning, so I had to fuck the dog in China for a few hours. After a few hours of wandering, I realized I may be a bit lost. All the roads start to look the same....same bootleg DVD shops...same shoes stores...same weird-ass restaurant. I think I do this to myself on purpose to add a bit of excitement to traveling. I'll explore that with a professional someday. ANYWAY, after making a decision to stay in the huge mall near the airport express I called Dennis so arrage a meetup. It's so weird seeing a friend you knew in a different city 1/2 way around the world. He took me shopping for clothes and shoes but it's winter there and the style is very hip-hopish right now so there wasn't a heck of a lot I wanted. It was so great to see Dennis again...he was great to kick my ass if I was feeling jetlegged and to show me all the little hole in the wall shops. Soon, it was back on the plane for another 9 hour flight and, hopefully, 9 hours of non-smalltalk.
Jimzip says:
Yeah it's a long haul.. Great that you met up with Dennis, I just remember him, I met him once I think.
But yeah, smalltalk on the plane, unless you're sitting next to a beautifully muscled, 6'2 italian with a voice like chocolate satin, is not the most fun experience.
Pity you couldn't just fly right to Sydney, but I guess then you'd have missed out on seeing HK!

Posted on: Feb 22, 2007