3 states in one day

Washington Travel Blog

A short walk to the left of L'enfant plaza hotel.
The night before flying out I went to bed at 1:30 AM, but had to wake at 3:30 AM to get dressed and get my butt to the airport. My trip started in sunny California as I boarded the plane out of Ontario Airport. I headed to Texas (plenty of cowboy hats and boots) for a 1 hour layover before heading on to Washington D.C. The flights were on time, but a little bumpy due to the cloudy skies. I flew into Reagan National Airport, which is actually located in Arlington, Virginia. All I did the duration of both flights was try to catch some zZZ's, but ended up waking up multiple times with a stiff pain in my neck.  Tip: take a neck pillow when sitting in between two people.
I just prayed not to wake up with my mouth open drooling on the guy next to me (and visa versa). Eww.

Arrived to the L'Enfant Plaza Hotel around 4 PM due to the 3 hour time difference. The hotel face is under minor construction so it dampered the first impression slightly. When you walk inside you get an old world feel by the decor. Reminded me of how I imagine walking into the Titanic might have felt like. (Slight exaggeration). Not the most fancy lobby, but it was quaint. Including a gaudy shop that appears they do not approve anything for sale unless it is hit with the bedazzler, beads, or sequence. There is also a regular gift shop in the lobby. I was very happy to see a Starbucks station near the cafe. You can bet that was my first stop the following morning. The hotel is on the North side of Washington near the Potomac River.
There are not a lot of restaurants near by, but I am literally one block down from all the museums on Independence Avenue. Sweet! And if you travel with your dog, this hotel is pet friendly. They have a open doggy park area on the 12th floor. One negative about the hotel is that there wasn't many eating places located within walking distance.

I was starving, so walked left out of the hotel down to a Seafood Market. It was smelly and did not have anywhere to sit if you bought their cooked seafood, but if you walk a short ways to the left there was a really good all-you-can-eat seafood buffet called Phillip's Flagship. $29.99 per person, but pretty damn good. I love, loVE, LOVE to eat!

So, my first night, I spent some time with my family at the hotel pub. It wasn't very crowded around 10pm, but come 11-midnight, the place was filled with returning tourists for a late night drink and meal.

Seer_Of_Sights says:
Not to be picky but L'Enfant is on the south side of DC. I should have sent you this map for you to use the metro.

Maybe this will help for your next trip. :)
Posted on: Sep 08, 2008
A short walk to the left of Lenfa…
A short walk to the left of L'enf…
Washington Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
All-You-Can-Eat Seafood!
I wouldn't automatically associate Washington D.C. and seafood, but I stumbled upon an All-You-Can-Eat Seafood Buffet. I was in heaven. When you f… read entire review
Washington Hotels & Accommodations review
L'Enfant Plaza Hotel
The hotel was within 1 block to National Mall where all of the museums are. If you walk to the right you'll see the capitol and you even have a view o… read entire review
Washington