Lovely Amalfi

Amalfi Travel Blog

View from our balcony :)
I heard and read a lot about Amalfi before i actually went to this place and most of the time stories and photos make things look better then they actually are. But i had to go see it for myself. So when we left Siena, we drove about 500 km south to the Amalfi coast. We passed Rome and when we were around Naples i wasn't so sure if this was a great place. Everything looked so dirty around there... But we drove on until the sign Salerno where we left the highway. Unbeleiveble what you see then. It's like you're in a totally different place with pittoresque little houses, lemon gardens, terraces and palm trees. How beautiful. There is only one way to Amalfi from there and that road is very narrow and follows the coastline.
What a great view isn't it?
It takes a while before you'll reach the destination but i didn't think about that for one moment. I was too busy enjoying the small villages and the incredible views. And i was busy being scared of the way everybody drives over there. In the beginning you think everybody wants to kill himself and others, it takes a while before you get used to that a little. Let's not even talk about the scooters and vespa's that are everywhere! I was very happy that my boyfriend drove the car over there. I couldn't have done it! After an hour we reached Amalfi and that's one of the most lovely places i've ever been. The view is amazing there. Everything looks so perfect. We looked for our hotel and it didn't took a lot of time. The hotel was absolutely great (see the review for detail and great photos!). We had a huge balcony from where we had a great view over the village.
The Duomo of Amalfi
If i stayed on my balcony every day, i would have had a great trip as well! But i didn't do that of course. We went to the centre of the village. There actually not a lot of things that you can do here. You just have to enjoy life and the view. So we found a great restaurant where we had great food and wines and we enjoyed the sunset. I really loved it! The next day we decided to drive to some other villages to enjoy the view from there. Chris drove again because i was really scared to drive here. We went up to Ravello. It's a beautiful little village that lies on a the hills, so it hasn't got a beach like the other villages. Maybe for that reason it wasn't very crowded here. Our first thoughts were that maybe it wasn't very nice because there weren't a lot of tourists but our thoughts were wrong. The view from Ravello is amazing! We really liked it and had a panini and icecream here. After this visit to Ravello we drove back to the hotel where i had a nice prosecco on my balcony, enjoying the view of Amalfi. Life is great!
View from our balcony :)
What a great view isnt it?
What a great view isn't it?
Seen from a boat
Seen from a boat
Amalfi Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
The best food in town
A very very nice restaurant in the center of Amalfi where we've eaten 4 times. The specialty here is fresh fish and the restaurant has a great selecti… read entire review
Amalfi Hotels & Accommodations review
Rooms with a view!
The best view ever over the town of Amalfi! Unbelieveble. All the rooms have a seaview and a nice balcony. The room 29 on the topfloor (that we had!!)… read entire review
Amalfi