Kata Beach

Phuket Travel Blog

Sitting back and enjoying the sun

I arrived last night into Bangkok, Thailand, and then caught a flight down to Phuket the same evening, arriving around 2 am at the hotel Sugar Palm Resort. Unfortunately my bags got stuck in Bangkok, so they had to deliver them to me this afternoon. So since I had no clothes, I decided to spend the first part of the day pampering myself in the spa, where I got a body scrub, body massage, foot massage, facial and foot scrub for around $60 US. Five hours later, I felt like a new woman, and my bags had arrived and were waiting for me in my room. So I changed into my swimsuit and walked across the street to the beach, where I spent the rest of the day. The ocean was like bathwater; warm and inviting! There are food huts up and down the beach, which also offer beds and umbrella for rent. It is a great place to order a tropical drink and sit back and watch people. Though the beach is busy, the vibe here is much more mellow than nearby Patong beach. For diner I picked up some pad thai from a street vendor and a thai tea from the 7-11, costing me around $2; it was an absolutely delicious meal! The day finished with a dip in the pool and 20min in the steam room. The Hotel is fantastic; retro art deco, with large spacious modern rooms with balconies overlooking the pool, and the best part is beach is only a minute walk away. There are lots of small shops selling cheap souvenirs and beach clothes, and plenty of restaurants and street vendors to be explored at leisure.

The hotel pool