I'm bored and starting to stress

Halifax Travel Blog

I'm an eighteen year old female, freashly graduate from High School, stuck in a little suburb of Halifax waiting for February. My four bestest friends have left me for bigger, better, things and here I am, stuck, with nothing to do on a saturday night except mope and create a journal on travel buddy. Oh how I wish I could die.

Sure I have my chance to go to University. I have the grades for sure and the money is in the bank. But why would I rather work 40-50 hours a week, at a minimum wage paying job for six months, instead of getting sloshed every weekend and having to write a few papers here and there. This is the reason. I'm sick and tired of doing the same old same old. I don't want to look back at my young years and be like, I went to school when I could have traveled the world. Don't get me wrong, this time next year I'll be in University having the time of my life, but I thought I'd put off the inevitable atleast for a year.

In February I'm headed for Thailand and then onto Cambodia, back to Thailand in May with another trip into Cambodia, then onto Vietnam and then to Laos. Oh the planning I've done for this trip, that keeps getting changed and moved around. I wish it waws here already, but that is impossible because all I have enough money for is about a week in Thailand and the plane ride(return of course). As of right now I do have accomodation in Thailand for the first week, at Rikka Inn, thanks to a fellow TBer. But other than that, my gap year is a big black hole of unknown. I know when February finally breaks in Nova Scotia I won't be able to sit still, but until then, this blog with be what I do on my saturday nights.

GEasson says:
I'm in the same boat! I want to see the world, but have no one to do it with as ALL my friends are in University. I went, but knew it just wasn't the right time for me... I need to get out of good ol' NS for a while and see the WORLD! :)
Posted on: Nov 16, 2008
pattrackxx says:
Hello there,

I was sitting in front of my laptop, in halifax and typed in "Bored in Halifax" and your blog was one of the top listings. I read it. And thats hilarious, I work up north in Nunavut and when i get home , i have 2 weeks off every 6 weeks, and blah... Everyone is working... So anyway Im writing this because i have a trip planned for Tailand myself, and was curious of the outcome of your trip? What its like? By the way Fun.. Im going by myself. All my friends have to work or dont have the money! Typical Nova Scotians.
Posted on: Nov 12, 2008