Quiet Day in Juneau

Juneau Travel Blog

Today was a day devoted mostly to conducting business.  We slept in a bit after an early morning yesterday and gathered up the laundry which needed to be done.

After breakfast and touching base with home, we headed into downtown Juneau.  Our first stop was the federal building as I was hoping to be able to sign up for social security.  Without a birth certificate, but with a passport, I was going to try and convince them to let me sign up.  The folks in the Social Security office were very pleasant and helpful.  It turns out since they had all of my pertinent information on line as long as I answered their questions correctly, I could complete the process.  So, I will get my first check in November.  Yeah!

From there it was on to laundromat to do the laundry.  The laundromat was just about a block from the federal building.  We had the laundry done in a little over an hour and then did a little geocaching in town.

We took a walk to the area where the cruise ships dock.  There were four ships in Juneau so the streets were crowded.  We spent about an hour walking around.  Afterwards we returned to the campground for dinner and a shower.

Nothing photogenic today, so no posted pictures.

Tomorrow we catch the ferry in the afternoon for Haines.  Our last leg on water.

photo by: amudha_colaco