Minot, SD

Minot Travel Blog

Abandoned farm

Our goal for today was to make it to Minot, ND.  We were on the road by 7:45 am and headed west.  The traffic was light and the weather was overcast, threatening to rain all day.  We did get an occasional shower, but hardly enough to wet the road.  I believed with passed about 1,000 of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes.  They were all along the highway.   As we traveled we stopped to stretch our legs and do a little geocaching.  Once again we found places we would not have seen had we not done so.  Our first stop in Fargo, ND took us past the Roger Maris Memorial and fountain.

The next cache brought us to a multicolored bison along side of a marker.  As I read the marker I realized that it was not for the bison, but for all of the blocks of concrete at my feet.  The blocks of concrete contained hand and foot prints of celebrities that had visited the print shop of Fargo printer Mike Stevens.  I have a few of them pictured on this blog.

As we continued through North Dakota, the lakes of Minnesota seemed to follow us with a number of them along the highway.  There are few cities and people along the way to Minot.  As we turned north we passed mile after mile of farm land stretching as far as we could see.  The road also parallels the rail line out of Canada.

We arrived in Minot at about 6 pm, set up, and had dinner.  Tomorrow we head off to Montana.

Art Linkletter prints