Philadelphia

Philadelphia Travel Blog

So, here I am in lovely Philadelphia, home of the incredibly bland Philly cheesesteaks.  Seriously, that was the first thing I did here was to try one of their famed cheesesteaks and it was pretty bland.  It turned out pretty good when I threw it in a vat of hot mustard though.

I am here for staging, which is the first step in the Peace Corps.  I'll be here for a couple of days learning about safety and getting vaccinated, then it is off to Azerbaijan.

For about a week now I have been meeting with and saying goodbye to my friends and family.  This morning I said goodbye to my mom and dad as well.  Saying goodbye is a part of life, but it was tough this time.

Everything that happens after this point will be based directly on my own actions.  Whether or not I teach well, or learn the language, or do anything of worth over the next two years will depend completely on my own efforts.  I could spend my time in Azerbaijan sitting around, doing nothing or I could really do great things.  It all depends on who I am and how hard I work.  Nothing will happen unless I do it myself.

This is a lot of responsibility.

Philadelphia