He was so tanned he looked like Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder.

Boulder Travel Blog

We slept in for the first time in weeks and enjoyed not being woken up by the sun's heat or light. We went for coffee at Trident on Pearl Street with Zoe and talked for a bit, before heading back for a music exchange and to pick up some laundry we did at her place. Before we knew it, we were on the road again. Destination, undetermined. "Maybe we'll just head South". Before completely leaving Boulder, we hit up some classics to restock and grab some nourishment before continuing on.

"Do you realise that because they didn't have nonfat frozen yogurt, I had a piece of pizza and a frostie?" The Costco in Superior ended up not having the nonfat frozen yogurt I was craving... somehow I ended up with a piece of pizza and a frostie from Wendy's instead... healthy.

South led us to Pike National Forest, where, after quite the drive through, what we think was, private property, we found a campground hosted by a peculiar husband and wife. We were the only ones staying at the campground, and when we registered on their list for a site, we found we were also their first visitors in a while... The husband was so tanned he looked like Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder. Seriously. It was weird.
photo by: five11d