Relaxing after a hectic week

Vatutinki Travel Blog

March 8 is a national holiday in Russia, Women’s Day and a day off. I didn’t know about my plans until late, travelling to see a friend was an option but since he was very busy again L I was open to suggestions.

A couple of times per year I join my mom for a ‘vegetable’ weekend somewhere not far from Moscow - eating, sleeping, walking and… the main things - swimming pool and saunaJ

Thanks (!) to the crisis Moscow resorts and spa decreased costs so we booked our room in a really nice place cheaper than we had done it before.

Main Building
Why not to leave a grey and dull city and enjoy a 3-day weekend in the country?

The week before was just hectic but it ended in a few really nice things: first, the results of our labour market survey were published in Vedomosti (I am happy!), and second, on Friday night I finally saw some of my friends I hadn’t seen  for ages - we went out for some sushi and movie and girls’ talks. Just fun!

I woke up Saturday morning, packaged quickly (a TB skill) and was waiting for our favorite driver Nikolay to come to pick us up. Our destination was Vatitunki, a place not far from Moscow, less than 1-hour drive if without traffic jams (without traffic jams in Moscow, hahaha). I have been here before and liked it. Well, I prefer not to travel to the same place and always explore something new but … I love the swimming pool here so it was nice to go back.

Well, here there is not that much to write about - pics speak for themselves: very typical of what you can find in the center Russia contryside: forest, river, snow (in winter)… and me, of courseJ

My mom