Russia Land- and Musicmarks (video)

Moscow Travel Blog

Moscow Land- and Musicmark: Alexander Ghindin and The Chaikovsky Big Symphony Orchestra (Conductor - Mats Liljefors) performing Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No 1

Places that are real landmarks of my country and my hometown: Kremlin, Red Square, St. Basil’s Cathedral, Mausoleum.

But a country is not only places and buildings, its culture and history is also respesented by music. Tchailovsky Piano Concerto No 1 is for sure a Russia musicmark. Performed by Alexander Ghindin (my favorite piano player) and The Tchaikovsky Big Symphony Orchestra (conductor • Mats Liljefors). Tchaikovsky Conservatory and Tchaikovsky Monument are here as well.

This video was originally a part of my movie about Rio de Janeiro. No, I am not mistaken • Moscow vignettes in a movie about Brazil. Being a PR Manager for Russia J I am constantly trying to promote my country: the Brazil movie was to show Rio through my eyes and also invite my Brazilian friends to come to visit me here. Hope that my humble contribution will make TBs from all over the world want to come and explore my country.

Watch, listen and enjoy!

Marinushka says:
Thank you. I like both Tchaikovsly and Rachmaninov but they are very different, it depends on the mood. Tchaikovsky has that "brilliant simplicity" like Pushkin - no wonder som of his works are based on Pushkin's plots. Rachmaninov is more complicated.
Posted on: May 02, 2010
mcphistino says:
Great video indeed! Tchaikovsky was a genius, I prefer Rachmaninov however :-)
Posted on: May 01, 2010
Africancrab says:
I loooove the video, awesome.
Posted on: Jan 22, 2010
Moscow Land- and Musicmark: Alexa…
photo by: eefab