Boston, Massachusetts. An amazing City full of Enchanting Delights. - first day.

Boston Travel Blog

Boston Park Plaza and Towers - Hotel
A great trip to Boston from August 22 to August 27th 2008.

On August 22 2008. Fly to Boston from Canada.

Thunder Bay to Toronto then just an hour flight to Boston.
Uneventful flight. Enjoyed my wondering packet of corn chips and quarter can of coke on route to Boston VIA Air Canada.

Landing in Boston at a very reasonable time.  Got my suitcase at Logan Airport. My bag looked like it had been kicked around abit by the luggage people as there was a big dent on one side of the bag.

However, I won't waste time with that. I wanted to start my trip.
So I was originally going to decide on going to save $ and take the T train into downtown. I figured I wanted to spoil myself and have some service.
So I took a taxi to my hotel downtown. At a great rate of over 25 bucks, as there's a toll fee for the tunnel.

Arriving at the hotel.  I realized I made the right decision on this hotel. Found a great promotion offer on Expedia for 40% off. The Boston Park Plaza hotel was right downtown. Plus I had a doorman take my bags from the back of the car to the front desk. Hotel was very nice inside, with big piano and swanky marble floors. The chandeliers inside were big and amazing as well. The elevators were really fast as well.
Location was key, it was right almost near the Boston Common and it was close to so many good things, a perfect choice.

After settling in for a little bit, I decided It was time to go off and explore this very nice city.

First stop I made it down the street to Beacon Ave. Went to the original Cheers bar a front sight of the hit tv show from the 1980's. There it was, still looking the same from the tv show. Eventually this evening I will have my first drink of good ol Samual Adams at Cheers.

After that. I went to the Boston Common. This is Boston's version to Central Park in New York City. Nice park, the Swan Boats are neat to see, plus the garderns are amazing and very green.

I figure I will begin my day with following parts of the Freedom Trail.  It was amazing. Went to the State house and the 2 gravesites from the history days. I would go and and on and list everything. Too much to say. I will condense.

I ended up venturing off the Freedom Trail and I ended up going to Macy's for a bit. Walked around the store for abit looking for a washroom, however When I did finally find one, it was closed. So Off again I went.
I ended up down to the Convention Center the nto the World TC.

This being my  first day, was just a day to walk about and get my barrens etc on Boston.

I walked around the water front for awhile. Eventually I walked back through the GOVT center to my hotel.

For evening, I went to O'Conners pub a nice Irish pub and had some fish n chips and a good beer.

That was my first day. More to come.

Boston Park Plaza and Towers - Hot…
Boston Park Plaza and Towers - Ho…
Boston