...and suddenly I'm in Colorado

Boulder Travel Blog

along the Boulder Creek Path
With my plans all reshuffled, I suddenly found myself walking through Denver airport, not at all sure of what my plans were for exploring Colorado.

I at least knew I could visit many of the Aloha-west crew (it seems everyone from camp moves to Colorado at some point), starting with three lovely maidens who have just moved to Boulder.  So I've spent the last few days really just lazing around, hanging out, and exploring Boulder a little.
  • We had dinner at a place called Sherpa's - run by sherpas, and I ate sherpa stew (really just a chicken & veg stew, but quite delicious).
  • the girls are still setting up house, so we were looking at some yard sales, and we came across one that was a Yard Sale for Obama - heaps of donated stuff, they got some bargains & all the money went to the Obama campaign - very happy day! (yes, the presidential race is everywhere).
    boulders in Boulder

• I went on a tour of the Celestial Seasonings factory (the largest specialty tea maker in the USA) - got to see how they mix & package it all, and got to sample lots of tea!
  • Faith & I went on a little hike up into the hills - beautiful sunshine, lots of rocks, and a pretty nice view over Boulder.
I've also just done some general wandering around downtown Boulder - it's a really great city: very outdoorsy, heaps of bicycles around, lots of nice stores, good coffee shops, and quite a young population as it's a university city.  I can see why so many people choose to move here.

Boulder