long weekend: island-style
1000 Islands Travel Blog› entry 4 of 29 › view all entries
August 30th, 2008 – by: erinontour
My friend's island is called Niagara Island, and is amongst the 1000 Islands in the St Lawrence River. It was about a 6+ hours drive up from Boston, all the way upstate New York and then across into Canada, so we got there lateish on Friday night.
And then we basically just spent all weekend playing & having fun!...
- we swam multiple times a day.
- we played tennis / ping-pong / croquet / board games / night-time hide & seek / all-island Capture-the-Flag.
- I started learning how to water-ski (bruises & strained muscles to prove it), but never got a second chance to really refine my technique (ie: stand up for more than 5 seconds).
- we ate copious amounts of food - valiantly trying to clear out the fridge & cupboards before the island is closed up for the winter.
- we generally did just whatever we wanted!
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!