how much pumpkin is too much?

Philadelphia Travel Blog

One of my favourite things about the USA in the Fall is all the pumpkin food products available.  We really don't utilise pumpkins enough in Australia, and so when I am here I make the most of it.  For example, on Monday for lunch I had a pumpkin donut, with pumpkin ice-cream, and a pumpkin spice latte.  Am I overdoing it?

I headed to Philadelphia on Monday night & caught up with our good friend Steph.  We had some dinner & then went out for excellent ice-cream - after I got over my sadness at the fact that they were out of Pumpkin ice-cream, I very much enjoyed the Maple Walnut.

I stayed with yet another camp friend for the week, and actually was pretty lazy just exploring a little around where they live & spending a lot of time trying to find framing for a wedding present for the weekend (I did have success).

On Friday I caught up with Steph again and we tried that great Philadelphia staple - the Philly Cheesesteak.  Basically just chopped steak on a roll, with lots of melted cheese and then things like onions/peppers/mushrooms/etc if you want them.  It was rather delicious, if a little messy.

Then we went off and had Pumpkin Spice Frappucinos (I'm telling you... pumpkin is soooo good!).

Philadelphia