hanging out in Missouri

Saint Louis Travel Blog

it was cold, I would've liked a blanket

My weekend was spent in the city of St Louis, Missouri.  It's quite a nice city really, well especially out in the residential areas where I spent most of my time.

I stayed with Cathy, a friend I worked with in London, so it was great to catch up with her, and we had a fairly relaxed weekend, but got out and about to see a few things.

There were a bunch of festivals happening over the weekend, but due to us attending Cathy's best-friend's pyjama birthday party on Saturday night, we had a delayed start on Sunday and didn't get to quite as many as we had originally put on our list.

We went to Oktoberfest out in old-town St Charles (once again I ask why this event doesn't actually occur in October?) - it wasn't super exciting, but there was a nice festival-ish atmosphere, and the shops down the main street of the old-town area were very cute.

the hairless chimp

Then we headed back to the Taste of St Louis for dinner.  Not as good as our own Taste of Tasmania, but it was still very hard to choose what to eat - had some excellent cheesecake for dessert: mine was called Angel Wings - frozen turtle cheesecake (swirled with caramel & pecans), dipped in chocolate, and Cathy had double-chocolate‚Ķ it took us quite a while to get through them, but we did!

There are bunch of free museums etc in St Louis, including an Art Museum, but of course it was closed on Monday, so we went to the St Louis Zoo instead.  It was actually a really good zoo - lots of trees etc around, and most of the animals were pretty cute.  They even have a hairless chimpanzee - she has a disease that humans can get too that makes you lose all your hair - let me tell you, that looks very bizarre.

it was cold, I wouldve liked a bl…
it was cold, I would've liked a b…
a hippopotamus