it's the far northland that's a-callin me away

Fairlee Travel Blog

the totem pole
Yes dear readers, due to popular demand I have decided not only to travel some more but also to continue recording my witty observations along the way (apologies for the fact that I've been away nearly three months before writing anything here - I'm back-dating a little).

Once again I spent another fabulous summer at camp to kick off my travels - it was the same mixture that it has been before of busy & fun & stressful & silly & happy & sad & peaceful & chaotic... I still love it very much & get terrified at the thought that at some point in time I will not be able to go back.

After 8 weeks of camp I stayed again for an extra week of Family Camp - still an excellent way to wind down a little from the summer without having to be thrust back into the real world.  I ended up staying a two days longer at the end before my ride to Boston picked me up - it was wonderfully peaceful and beautiful to just hang out for a day or two with basically no one around.  Vermont is truly stunning and the last week up there was fabulous sunny weather.

It's always hard to leave, and yet after over nine weeks there, it was time to move on...
Lake Morey