Hurricane Avoidance 101

Boston Travel Blog

Unfortunately I forgot step 1: don't book travel to hurricane-susceptible cities during hurricane season.  Oops.

My vague plan for my travels this year was to explore down south, as I haven't really been south before.  I definitely wanted to see New Orleans, so I booked a flight... only to discover after my weekend in Canada, that they'd gone and had themselves a pretty decent hurricane down there.

It was actually quite hard to find out how much damage had been done, and initially my flight was not cancelled, but even so I was thinking I didn't really want to be trying to sightsee in the aftermath of even a mild hurricane.  Turns out the damage was fairly extensive & residents weren't even being allowed back in yet, and so then my flight was cancelled on the day I was meant to fly, which was great because they then let me change it to a different destination without charging me the changing fee.

So instead of south, I will be heading west to Colorado.  And in the meantime I've had a few more days of lounging around in Boston doing basically nothing.   I spent one afternoon exploring bookshops around Harvard Square, which was lovely.  And otherwise I've really just been obsessively staring at a computer screen doing travel research (and Facebook stalking...).
photo by: bubu932