Leaving bloody early

Paris Travel Blog

A last look at the escape route!

My last day in Paris was also a short one; I had booked myself to a meeting in Copenhagen at 10 am so I had the 7 am plane from CDG. I had put my alarm at 4 am and didn't feel the least fresh when my eyes looked angry at my two ringing mobile phones. There was nothing to do; I had to get up. At 10 minutes to % am I was down at the reception to settle my bill. There was totally dark downstairs when I came down and I found the receptionist sitting with a woman in a sofa close to the reception. He stuttered quiet good morning while she did say nothing.

I paid my bill and went out on the quiet street to wait for my ride; I had booked a shuttle service at the hotel that would take me to CDG for only 25 euro; it was almost to good to be true. The driver arrived, he was tired but in good mood. His English was okay but I managed in French. My French is good enough to handle a conversation on sleep, traffic and so on. The guy was a fast driver - he was probably the black version if The Stig. After having set some new speed records we picked up the next two persons going in the same direction to CDG.

We were already in CDG at 5.40 am so i was in good time, but I decided to just walk through to the gate 52 from where my plane was leaving from.

Chokk says:
Yeah - I was impressed :D
Posted on: Nov 30, 2010
Paris General Tips & Advice review
Connecting dreams and daily life
There can’t be any better Metro, than the one in Paris. It is a house of dreams and broken ones. It runs like clockwork as long as people are not at… read entire review
photo by: Sweetski