On the way again

Paris Travel Blog

Driving from Brussels to Paris is often a "walk in the park". The road is great if you take the pay route. I don't remember it precisely but I think its is about 30€ you have to pay in toll . It usally takes between 2½-3 hours depending on the traffic.  If you are not in a hurry there are some nice stops on the road - just to see something different - when I have been driving directly from Copenhagen I have stopped in Valencienne just on the French border. It is not the most exciting city in the world but it is ok. You can even still find a cheap hotel in the town square.

When you enter Paris then everything is blocked. You see this as soon as you reach Charles de Gaulle airport, even with 4 lanes and 25 km to the city it can be blocked out here. Going across Paris takes me always around 1 hour but if you come at the wrong moment it will take you a lot more.

When you drive on the motorway make sure that you make space for the motorbikes - because thay drive really fast between the lanes. I have always wondered why the motorway was not going a long way around Paris - just to make traffic pass by the city - but in a very French way I think the reason is that Paris is the center and nothing can be allowed to go around:D

photo by: Sweetski