La Mata

La Mata Travel Blog

Finally at our destination for the coming 2 weeks - since this was a family wedding my whole family had booked houses in the neighbourhood so it was like a family reunion we came down to. Even more we had a boys day in town in front of us - a semi soft stag party.

The weather was amazing - I remember when I came down there I just put myself in one of the sunbeds with a cold beer - life could not be much better. My son ran down to the pool which became his home for the next two weeks.

The view from the apartment was great. The apartment was great - we had fresh fruit, cold soft drinks and beers - what a way to start a wedding and I was not the getting married.

This area is not yet totally spoiled from tourism but it is getting there - there are still more Spanish people than British but I think it is a question of time.

We had gotten the flat through the family of my brothers coming wife Vic, and we were starting to feel the consequenses of becomming a part of a Spanish family - which is truly fantastic, when you are coming from the cold Nordic culture.

Later the first night my son and I was invited to a preparty where all the foreign guests and the nearest family (not few in Spain) were meeting each other before the wedding - like an icebreaker. My brother and Vic have been living all over and there friends were from more than 10 different nationalities. The prewedding was in real Spanish style - and I was a part of the family I found out. Arriving there I got many kisses even from Vic's father who together with his brother turned out to some of the biggest party animals that I have met - and that is some.

The food is a very big part of the party - and since VicĀ“s father works with food nothing was too good. We had naturally the  jamon from the black hoofed pig and the best fruits I ever had tasted - and then the wine - from the back of his cellar. It was truly a great evening with Spanish music and songs on

sylviandavid says:
Wow..... what a lot of wonderful memories... Party on dude!
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008