Barcelona *****

Barcelona Travel Blog

After our shopping in Andorra we took the small roads to Barcelona. The road is nicely surrounded with beautiful scenery. We drove via la Seu d'Ariege, Bagá, Berga, Puig-reig, Navas and Ruby. I was again looking forward to Barcelona beacuse I think it is one of the most fanatstic cities I have been in - and I really enjoy just walking the streets of the city.

I had booked a hotel over the internet and this time I had been nice to us - I got a fantastic deal on a room at the The Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel that was down from 545€ a night to 175€.  The Grand marina hotel Barcelona is about 10 - 15 minutes walk from the Southern most end of the Ramblas, near Monument a Colum - the memorial to the great explorer Christopher Columbus.

As the name suggests, The Gran Marina hotel is in the marina area of Barcelona, near to where the cruise ships dock. From the hotel you have a great views of the Marina and Port Vell.

When we came to the hotel, there had been some mistakes so we even got an upgade again - I didn't think you could upgrade a room at 545€ a night, but we got a fantastic room and my son was overwrought by it.

We quickly left everything in the room and went out for a walk in the streets.  Walking around in Barcelona is for me a treat. I just love the scent of this city and the mix of different styles - it is like everything is build into each other and it loos like it always have been ment to be. We started at Placa Reial which for me is just a lovely space in the middle of the center. The market place is just the spot for a cold beer and a place to sit and just watch people go by.

Barcelona Hotels & Accommodations review
Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel Barcelona
The highlight of the stay was the breakfast which was enormous and coordinated with militaristic precision. There was everything that you could think … read entire review
Barcelona Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Where they once stuffed animals
There are so many places in Barcelona that you can eat great but I have to come to like Taxidermista - I have been there every time I have visited Bar… read entire review
photo by: fivepointpalm