Santorini

Imerovigli Travel Blog

Ship arriving early in the morning
The scenery on the Santorini volcano is just breathtaking. I am sitting on the terrace in front of the hotel room on the highest point of the caldera, admiring the magnificent views on Ia and Thirasia...

Its great to be back on this island even if as I expected, in August it is quite hot and crowded... Here again I find that the best time to walk around and take photos is "early" in the morning when most visitors are still in bed, or late in the afternoon and at sunset.

On Monday evening I was in Ia to watch the legendary sunset. It was just packed with tourists who, like me, wanted to see the sun disappear into the sea. When it was over everyone clapped!

I have taken so many photos... Wherever you are along the cliffs of the caldera, there is something worth taking a picture... I am posting just a few . I'll reorganize them and add some more later.

August is certainly not the best time to visit this Island. It is better to avoid July-August. In my case I was going to Europe for a family celebration, and had those airmiles that I had to use before they expired, so it was a good opportunity anyway. People here tell me that May is the best month, and then It is also very nice in June or September.

Can't wait to go this afternoon on a boat trip to the volcano, Thirasia and to watch the sunset...
shraime88 says:
yeah i saw the movie too i would love to be here :)
Posted on: Oct 18, 2009
WillyFog says:
Muy bonitas las fotos!
Posted on: Sep 11, 2008
Fayemin says:
I watched a Filipino movie entitled "For The First Time" just this weekend. Part of the movie was taken in Santorini. The place looks romantic. I like the simple building structures and the blue and white colors. Also, watching the sunset in that place must be lovely.
Posted on: Aug 31, 2008