A quick one day trip to Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Notre Dame

Kaija’s sister came down for a very quick visit here in Brussels and we wanted to make the most it being her first visit in this area of Europe. Before she arrived we had asked her about wishes here. Kaija and I agreed on the possibility to drive down to Paris for a quick trip Saturday. Her sister was very trilled by the possibility to see Paris as well as Brussels. We drove from Brussels at 8.30 am and we were driving into Paris just after 11 am. The trip was very calm and we were quiet happy to have very moderate traffic all the way down.

Arriving at Paris I immediately when for the parking basement in the Latin Quarter which one of the areas of Paris I enjoy the most. We strolled around the streets there just to get the scents and the atmosphere under our skin. The weather was fantastic for the season but we were lacking the last 5 degrees Celsius to have one of these totally marvellous days. We found a lunch restaurant in one of the touristic magnet area close to Rue Saint Germain. We had a bad meal which was totally overprized comparing prize and quality.

Thereafter we went to the Notre Dame and caught a sightseeing bus for a round trip in Paris. Here we only got of at the Eiffel Tower which Kaija’s sister always wanted to mount. Since we first were there at late afternoon we were standing in a line for most of the trip up and down the tower.

Student gadering
Student gadering
The Eiffel
The Eiffel
More Eiffel
More Eiffel
Paris Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Horse's Tavern
I went in to this place in order to get a lunch with my girlfriend and her sister. The restaurant has a great location just off St. Germain, very clos… read entire review
Paris Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Vagenende
Situated in a house from 1878 la Brasserie Vagenende welcomes you in the most charming way. It is a place that charmes you right away. The interio… read entire review
Paris