On our way to Den Hague

The Hague Travel Blog

Neither my girlfriend nor I had ever been to Den Hague, I had driven by a couple of times but had always had another destination in mind for Holland. This time the goal was clear; we were heading for Parkhotel Den Hague where I had booked a room.

We left after I came home from work which around 7pm. We hoped for a easy drive because it was holiday week in Belgium, otherwise it could be quite tough to drive trough two of the most trafficked cities in Belgium in their rush hour; Brussels and Antwerp. Both cities have in general heavy traffic almost until 8pm.

The trip went very smooth; it took us only two hours to get there. We entered the old city centre of Den Hague and the GPS made us find the hotel very easy. We drove directly to the hotels garage and asked if they could fit another car and luckily we got the last available space which cost 22,50€ per night.

The hotel was nice and it was perfectly situated in the middle of the city. Our room was a huge disappointment but we were only staying for one night anyway. We left the hotel right away in search for a restaurant preferable an Italian one. The hotel had offered that we could eat there and a lot of people were doing that, so we had a back-up plan if we could not find anything. We found a wonderful Italian restaurant just next to Princestraat where we had a great meal and stayed there almost until they closed.

The Hague Hotels & Accommodations review
Good but not good enogh
The hotel was actually a very nice old hotel but I had anticipated a better hotel room than the one we got. My main reason for that was that the room … read entire review
The Hague Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Il Senso – Cusina Italiana
We were looking for some Italian food not knowing where to find it. We had decided that if we couldn’t find it fast, we would just eat at the hotel,… read entire review
The Hague