Back in the city center

Brussels Travel Blog

The Dominican Hotel

I have stayed in this wonderful hotel numerous times, as it is one of my preferred hotels in Brussels. I usually stay at The Dominican when I am on business trips, because it is located very close to where I have my meetings. The hotel is located in the city center near some of the most famous tourist attractions. The best part is that is located in a small street a bit away from the worst riffraff.

You enter the hotel into a huge open area that is separated with glass sections; you find the reception to the left and a very nice bar to the right. The bar is actually also such a nice place that many guests just come there for the cocktails. Behind the bar and the reception you have their restaurant that is a bit pricy but especially a nice place to have a business lunch because you can have it under quite secluded conditions.

The Dominican Hotel

The reception is just around the corner to the left and the staff is always very service-minded and willing to help you with your needs. The elevators are further to the left just next to the lounge area where you have some really comfortable chairs. There are often people sitting there with their laptops or tablets getting the latest news.

As soon as you enter the room areas and the long halls leading to rooms you are reminded of the monastery looks and sounds. There are soft Georgian soft songs being played and it is especially noticeable in the rooms. I must say that I find it quite relaxing.

The rooms are in general kept in dark interior and soft colors in order to support the calm and relaxing feel that they want you to have there. The beds are good and really nice and everything gives a relaxing impression. I always get in good mood when I am there and I have recommended the hotel many times and I have never heard anybody complain about the stay.

The bathroom is nice and huge and kept in small brown tiles and quite modern accessories, nice shower, mirrors and sink. Usually you have a long desk along the windows with a bench and he fridge; the desk is fair to work from but the chairs in front the desk are rarely of good sitting quality.

My Grimbergen at A la Mort Subite
The vegetable
My steak
My steak
Brussels Hotels & Accommodations review
Fabulous hotel in the city center
Brussels