Another Saturday in Brussels

Brussels Travel Blog

I can hardly imagine that there is a better capital than Brussels to stroll around in and just relax on a Saturday. Brussels is almost empty in the weekend compared to an ordinary weekday. You feel that you have the whole city for yourself together with the other people who feel it like you.

I wa having my son on visit and we decided for once just to stay in Brussels instead of driving around in the country side which we had done so many times. I had some nice streets that I wanted to walk because there were some nice places that I wanted to stay at just for a beer or a brief lunch.

We parked the car at the same place as I do every weekday and started our walk from there. First goal was the Skt Katrine plein and the French frites stand where my son wanted to attack some Belgian cuisine. I ordered the huge version which cost the huge amount of 2½ € and with samurai sauce; a sauce that was extremely hot. There was more than a whole meal and in the end he had to give up.

We walked to the square behind where we could get something to drink and enjoy the relaxing and calm atmosphere. From here we walked the small streets.

Brussels Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
The name of an alcohol test "Poechenellekelder"
Beside the unpronounceable name this is a great beer bar in the centre of Brussels. The cafe is situated on a very touristic path; it is just across o… read entire review
Brussels Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Café De Markten - great place to enjoy sun and ambiance of Brussels
On the wonderful small and cosy Oude Graanmarkt you can enjoy the real Brussels life walking by. The square is just next to the old fish market and it… read entire review
Brussels