Looking out from my window

Moscow Travel Blog

My street

I  love windows. I mean those holes in the wall that enable us to stay always connected with the outer world. Window is one of the most impirtant things in any room, and the view is absolutely crucial.

On a sunny October day I was at home happily listening to Chico Buarque and enjoying the blue sky and the last golden leaves on the trees below my window…and it occurred to me to take some pics of the view from my window and share it with you, my TBs. Well, I can’t brag of having a panorama of the Kremlin, it is just a typical side-street in the downtown of Moscow but it is a part of my life • something I can see every day, and every day it is different.

Being lucky to live in a county with such a great difference between seasons I can experience everything: winter wonderland and summer green bushes, romantic autumn fall of the leaves and virgin buds appearing in spring.

View from my window
I like both snowfalls and rains, the sun trying to reach my room and the full moon and the stars looking for their lonely sister on this planet.

Windows can be the lens we look at this world through: I think sometimes that if I had enough time to spend the whole day looking out from the window but the end of the day I would have enough stuff to write a novel or at least some short-stories.

I don’t stop being surprised how hard it is getting every year to enjoy simple things and to see something important and meaningful in every-day life. Sometimes I am so busy that I even don’t feel the change of seasons, don’t look at the sky and don’t care what is going on around me. That’s why taking pictures of a view from MY OWN window may sound like a crazy idea, but those pics can be wonderful artefacts.

Just thought about a funny project: if we all TBs take a pic of our view from or windows and upload it on the same web site it would represent the whole world! “The World From My Window” project. Everybody is free to join J

Lord_Mike says:
Yes, sometimes we get so busy we miss all the little things going on around us.....
Posted on: Feb 23, 2009
Marinushka says:
take a series of pics, Magnus!
Posted on: Oct 26, 2008
Marinushka says:
Thanks Bonita! I think now a r looking now out of the window but staring at a sheet of paper you life depends on:)))))
Posted on: Oct 25, 2008