Fans Night at Tochka Club

Moscow Travel Blog

so we begin...

My Uni mate and a great friend of mine Katya called me about 2 weeks ago and invited to the Tochka Club for a Tanzy Minus (Dances Minus) concert. “I was at their concert a week ago • so cool”, she said. I used to listen to Tanzy Minus when I was 15-16 year old so I thought “Why not to feel like a teenager again?” So we set for Saturday to get together for Vyacheslav Petkun (their leader) fans night J Zhenya, Katya’a ex-colleague (three of us used to go to fitness together) and Natasha, Katya’s current colleague, joined us for this remarkable event.

We began our evening with a dinner at an Italian restaurant Mi Piace. It is a chain and it is always a nice place for meeting up. We were at one at Ordynka but I like the one at Tverskaya-Yamskaya more • you can enjoy a view of a busy Moscow street from the first floor while having your pasta. We spent 3 hours at Mi Piace chatting about everything and it was sooo nice.

Then Evgeny, one more Katya’s colleague, joined us and it was very sweet of him to give us a drive to the club. None of us has been to Tochka before but we all knew where it was • funny, but at the back of the club there is a gift shop where I bought a samovar for my dear Juan Antonio, my professor at Instituto Cervantes. He loved it by the way J

We had a table reserved and it was good to sit and enjoy our drinks • it is better to listen to Petkun then to dance to his songs.

Katya
If you are coming for a concert better buy tickets in advance and reserve a table (VIP • 1200 RUB, about $52; dance area 700 RUB, about $30).

Tochka is OK but I would not probably go there just to dance, there are cooler places in Moscow but we DID enjoy the concert. I heard the songs I haven’t heard for ages, and OMG even was singing like a 15-year old fan. Sooo cool, I felt relieved.

Katya, my always creative friend (I miss our philological experiments at the Uni and I know you do too), was so impressed by Petkun’s fans at the previous concert that the night after she wrote a poem about her impressions. She brought it with her, recited to us and asked whether to handle it to him or not. We all said definite yes. So during the concert Evgeny was set out to the singer to hand the poem over to him. Three of us were watching Petkun reading it. We all were afraid he could just put it off but he put it in his pocket and took out after the next song and read again. Katya was happy. So were we. Evgeny said that now Petkun has nothing to do but to write a song for Katya’s lyrics. “It means we need to catch all his concerts not to miss it”, I said. The girls laughed and said “Yeah and then we find a new object of attraction. Show must go on!”

After the concert was over we went dancing, we never miss such an opportunity. It was a great night full of smiles and jokes.

Contacts:

Mark184 says:
Lovely blog Marina
Posted on: Sep 18, 2010
Lord_Mike says:
ahahahahahha! Laughing at your comment back to jimsack! You are very modest, no???

Posted on: Feb 23, 2009
greesh says:
wow!! tat was a stunning review..great going!
Posted on: Oct 10, 2008
Concert
Concert
Evgeny and Natasha
Evgeny and Natasha
Katya listeting to her idol:)
Katya listeting to her idol:)
People having fun at Tochka