Driving around

Mensano Travel Blog

One of the better opportunities that you have when you are driving to Tuscany is to use your car in order to find some of the more hidden spots outside of the tourist trail. I am the type that see some dirt road and just go for it. Tuscany has many sight and just driving along the roads without any goal is for me very rewarding. My son and I looked at a map some times and decided for a city that we wanted to go for / often I let my son choose and the I just told the GPS to find the most non-trafficked way to the point.

We drove along fields that were waiting for the first firm grip of the sun and we saw many of these abandoned beautiful houses just waiting for that some one with the guts and the money would pick them up and put them in the original shape - nothing would be more beautiful. Often when we were driving in to a small city where they just had opened the local wine and oil sale - many time we stopped and had a talk with them, tasting the olive oil by a spoon or the dip of some bread into it. I had load of both oil and wine in my car, how can you resist when you drive a break. Often we were the first customers of the season and the number of rewarding smiles was amazing. They had been waiting for this moment all the winter months.

Mensano