Grand Cayman

Grand Cayman Travel Blog

What a day! First the boat docked late at wrong side of Grand Cayman Island because the hurricain had made it hard for the boat to actually dock near Georgetown. So after some confusion we got a taxi down the town. We went shopping for a bit and I bought some perfume and snorkeling gear. We stuck our feet in the ocean for a bit and then found a taxi guy offering to take us to "7 mile" beach.

That was where we really went in the waves. I imagine that normally it would be really clear water but once again thanks to that storm the water was all milky with sand. It still looked really pretty and we had a good time. DONT get the water in your eyes/ mouth! It is such warm water that it can hold A LOT more salt than my hometown Huntington Beach! It was so salty I couldn't believe it! The only part that sucked was my mom lost a ring she had on when she went in the water. The taxi ride took us a while and Charles got a little sunburt but all together a nice day out.

This evening was the main dining rooms fancy dinner so we dressed up again and everybody had lobster. I didnt but I've never liked it ! We sat next to some awesome ladies who were from Torrance - go figure! Everywhere I go it seems like I meet some one from SoCal!