Boat boarding and Embarkation!

Miami Travel Blog

We got to the airport and found our Carnival transport to the boat. We soon realized we didnt have any paperwork.. Carnival had sent us a receipt a while ago but no tickets, luggage tags, confirmation numbers, Nothin! Everybody had our names on their lists or in their computers so actually we didn't have any problems at all for boarding. The ride to the Port was kind of long and I think if I can help it next time I would like to fly into Miami instead of Fort. Lauderdale. We left our bags to be taken up to our rooms and headed over to the check in. This part was much like airport security with the x ray machines and metal detectors. After that we got in a really huge line that thankfully moved fairly fast.
Up at the desk we got our room keys which acted like an on board credit card as well.

Once on the boat we found our room up on the Spa Deck (11) We had a great view from our balcony. I liked having it at the top of the ship because the stars at night were great. I didnt like that the public deck above us (the Sun deck) allowed smoking. So later we would find people standing kind of above us talking loudly and droppin ashes on our chairs. Turns out smoking is only allowed on the starbord side and that the other side was smoke free! Lame! If only we had known! It wasnt a huge problem or anything but we did notice it as something to do differently next time.

After looking around a bit we headed to the buffet for lunch. It was a little crowded and some of the crassness of the class of people on board showed but since it was the only place to eat just then we didnt mind much.
The food was also pretty darn good so we couldnt really complain there either. We then headed to Scarlett's the fancy dinner place to make our reservation. We opted for Tuesday night as it turns out Monday and Thursday nights were Formal nights in the regular dining room. I dont care for lobster but I understand if other people want to have it as often as they can!

When it was time to set sail we watched South Beach drift away from our balcony. The ship moved pretty slowly while in the area but there was still a very nice breeze making outside more comfortable to me than inside. In fact it would feel really cold when you first went back inside from all the air conditioning. The water looked really cool from as high up as we were and you could still hear the waves the boat made crashing along side us.
It was a lot like being at the beach.

Our bags wouldnt arrive until later so we mostly relaxed for a bit before heading to dinner. We originally had said we wanted the 8:15pm seating but got 6pm instead. It turns out a huge group booked in December and took a lot of the spots for that seating. We sat next to some nice but quiet people and had a nice dinner but resolved to ask the maitre'd if we could get our seats changed to one with a window, which he was able to do. Later on Charles and I decided to try the Casino. They had a craps table! I won about 130$ which I wasnt going to spend but I later did :P We went to bed late as we didnt have anywhere to be tomorrow!
Miami