British grounds

Kent Travel Blog

We travelled to England by train, from Calais. It only took us half an hour.
Ones on British grounds the first thing to do was driving to the left side of the road. Since I wasn't the driver, that was ok. Then on top of the list was finding a pub and finding our hostel. The first was far more easy than the second!

Our cottage wasn't at all what we expected. It was old, smelly and it had bugs living in it. It also had a shared swimming pool, yet one with water so dirty no one dared to dive in it. It hadn't been cleaned for ages! The only part of the area that was nice was the pool table... But it didn't really matter, we were in England anyway...

ManixZero says:
That time just Gent. One of my friends fell in love with the girl in the tourist office! On other occasions as well, I seem to have somehow passed Leuven by (sorry!) The closest I have been though was Werchter (even smaller!), where the fine people of Belgium seemed intent on making me just a bit too drunk!
Pearl510 says:
Lol. Did you just stay in Gent or did you visit some other Belgian cities? I'm on a permanent 'promo-tour' to recommend my home town Leuven, but it is so damned small every one seems to pass it by :p
ManixZero says:
old, smelly and it had bugs living in it!! sounds just like home to me. PS love Belgium. On my first visit we were on our way to Amsterdam but didn't get past Gent!
photo by: hannah-lou