Day 4 – Last day in Wisconsin

Madison Travel Blog

5:50a – Alarms go off!

6:00a - Still needed to pack toiletries and computer.

7:20a – Came down early in the lobby to wait for colleagues. A high school tennis team dressed in blue-and-white outfits packed the lobby. Also, the hotel was home to Fulbright scholars for the remainder of the week.

7:50a – Arrived real early at Epic. Grabbed breakfast as usual.

11:30a – Training ended early. Time to head for the airport. Anxiety now kicked in…

12:30p – Returned the car to rental office…why was the only parking space available located aaaaallll the waaaay at the back in a gravel-paved area?!?! Makes rolling the luggage a little challenging…..yes, we did carry it instead =)

1:00p – Checking in my luggage…damn, thought I lost my ID!!!! Anyways, I didn’t…..this whole trip felt as if I was an amateur traveler…..

1:30p – Lunch at Great Dane….it was the only good eatery around our terminal. And I wanted to have deep fried cheese curds…..off course, it wasn’t offered. By the time we finished lunch, my anxiety was at mid-level….good thing that a few of my colleagues was on this first leg with me, so it wasn’t such an ordeal.

3:30p – Plane was ready for descent, suuuuuuuuuch turbulence!!!!!! I had gripped my arm seat so hard that I lost circulation on both my hands for a few good seconds. The plane was still swerving as we touched the runway!!!! (+/- 45 mins flight time)

4:55p (Central time) – OK…now, I flew by myself on the 2nd leg. Breaaaaaaaaaaathe!!!!!!!!!!! It also helped (A LOT) that a friend was keeping me company and keeping tabs on my welfare the whole week, via cellphone, in between flights!

7:15p (Pacific time) - The flight turned out to be smooth….Praise!!!!!!!! (3 hrs, 50mins flight time)

**Most time stamps were rounded to the nearest whole minute of the actual time it took place.

Madison