So... Barcelona

Barcelona Travel Blog

After driving for 7 hours we arrived in Calafell near Barcelona. We met up with two of our friends there. They rented an appartment so we didn't have to camp anymore. I love camping, but it's nice to have a real kitchen, a real fridge and really cold beers =). The weather was very nice (36 degrees) and we started by laying down on the beach for a couple of hours.

the next day we got ready to go to Salou. there's a amusementpark there where you really need to go!! "Port Aventura". It has a sick rollercoaster which let's you look out all over Spain before making you feel you're going to die. If you want see what it's like just search for "Dragon Kahn" on youtube.  It is a very expensive amusement park though. You will have to pay aproximately 50 euro's for a day in the park and the lines are long. luckily the park does NOT close at a normal hour. it'opened untill 00.00, with a firework show at 22.30.  If you're near Salou and you have some time on your hands this is very fun to do.

The third day it was time to go to Barcelona. In my opinion it's one of the moest beautiful cities in Europe. I've been to Amsterdam, London, Paris, Antwerp, Brussels, Berlin, Munchen, Luxembourg and many more, but none of them compare. So  much culture, so big and incredibly crowded. We went to the sacre famillia, arc de triomphe, the marina, the rambla (with colombus pointing us in teh wrong direction ;)), the Gaudi house and as a football fan I had to go and see Camp Nou =P. All of the things we saw were very impressive and Í had a great day in Barcelona! But one day isn't enough to see everything. Unfortianately I did not have time to go back in the days that followed so I still haven't seen everything. Maybe soon I'll be able to go back once again and see the rest of the beautiful city.

For everyone going to Barcelona: take your time to see everything and enjoy all of the cultural highlights. And (while looking at my blistered feet) buy a SUBWAY-ticket!!! The city is way to big to go on foot!

So that was the end of another memorable vacation =(. Maybe in October I will go again, but for now I have to go back to work...

Barcelona