Le moulin Girault, Panzoult

Panzoult Travel Blog

This was without a doubt our best fishing trip yet!

We went to lle moulin girault next to the little village of Panzoult. (on the website the owner even placed photo's of me and my dad =D). When we arrived we couldn't believe our eyes. the place we rented was a reataured old mill. Next to it runs a little waterfall and from the third floor (out of four) you look out over the lake (which is amazing by night --> photo).

Besides fishing there are many things to do. you can go out to visit the city of Chinon or one of the great chateau's near the Loire. if you don't like fishing or hiking or nature you can still go and be cultural or enjoy a wine at one of the great vineyards they have there. One of the vineyards is owned by the same guy that owns the mill an dhe always gives you a free bottle on arrival (=D).

As you can see on the photos we went there to catch big carpes... and we did! They might not seem big to the people that fish a lot, but these are the biggest fish we've caught so far (10 and 11 kilograms or 22 and 24 pounds if you like). We caught both of them at night. We also caught a couple of other species of fish, but none of them as much of a challenge and as much fun as the ones on the pictures.

It's not a very expensive cottage/ mill and it's worth every penny you spend there. Not just the fishing, but the surroundings and activities are a lot of fun. This week get's an A+ in my book. Hope some of you will go there and let me know if you agree!

@ le Moulin Girault