Gorgeous hidden lake

Bergerac Travel Blog

A small lake in the woods near Bergerac

We stayed at a campsite near bergerac. it's in a ltille town which I don't really remember the name of but the campsite is really small and there aren't any foreigners (except for us =D).

We discovered the little lake by accident as we were hiking through the woods with our dog. At first it looked like a swamp but as we walked further it stretched out before us. Quite a memorable lake I must say. The dog ran down to the lake as while we stayed on the trail above it. our dog loves water and as he hit the surface there was an incredible splash next to him. It scared him and he came back up. We waited a while and slowly we saw a lot of big fish surface where our dog hit the water. It wasa beautiful site to see the fish lying in the sun with their back fins above the water. Me and my dad looked at each other and thought the same thing... let's go fishing.

the next morning we returned at 6.00 to try and catch some carpes. And we did =D, and if I hadn't forgotten to turn of the camera after the picture of the first fish (photo), we could have photographed more... :S

Anyway this was a great week and for everyone who likes to go fishing.. in the Dordogne you van really live it up. The river itself is filled with fish and there are an endless amount lakes in the proximity of beautifull campsites and cities like Bergerac and Perigeux. If you do go there someday.. good luck and have fun!!

A small lake in the woods near Ber…
A small lake in the woods near Be…
Bergerac