EuroTrip Day 7 (London)

London Travel Blog

(Ok, since I know you'll ask, I'll preface this blog by saying the reason there isn't many pics is because I got up after not much sleep and forgot I was charging my camera battery. Hence, when I went out, my camera wasn't working.)

So anyways, woke up pretty tired. However, I had agreed to meet with the Mexican trio downstairs in the lobby, so I had to get up. We hung out for a little while checking our emails, eating some breakfast, etc. After that, the girls mentioned they wanted to sign up for English school, so I accompanied them to be their translator in case they needed some help.

After that was taken care of, we went to Covent Gardens. Not sure how to really explain the area, but it's SOMEWHAT like a mix of Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica mixed with Citywalk in universal. It has a lot of restaurants, clubs/bars, movie theatres, etc. After walking around for a while, we decided to have a meal at this one quaint little restaurant. The food was mediocre, but then again, the cuisine here in London isn't exactly the best from what I've read or experienced anyways.

Now that I had a full meal in me, the group and I had a couple pints to refresh ourselves. We then headed over to Leicester Square to relax and people watch. It's funny because to entertain ourselves, we would guess what country people were from. Obviously, I won that haha.

At around 6pm or so, we were pretty tired from so much walking, that we decided to head back to the hostel. The girls went to take a nap, but I decided to stay up and watch the futbol game (you see that..... didn't call it soccer this time haha). The first game had France vs. Romania. It was pretty much a snoozefest as it ended 0-0.

After that, I watched the Holland vs. Italy game with a couple girls from Amsterdam and my friend from Wales. That game was a little unlike the last one. It ended up being a straight ass whooping. Holland beat the world champion Italians 3-0. Needless to say, the Amsterdam girls were ecstatic.

The girls were wearing orange and had some funny fuzzy hat/wig thing. As you'll see in the pic, we had some fun with it. By the time the game was over, we were nice and saucy. During the game, I had my clothes washing. Between games, I washed my whites and during half time I put the colors in the washer. When I put them in, I heard the water running, so I assumed it was working. I then went to watch the rest of the game, but when i returned the clothes weren't washed yet. For some reason, the water ran, but didn't wash. So this would set me back a while from going out.

In the meantime, I hung out in the lobby of the hostel with some people. I chilled with the Amsterdam girls, the Mexican trio, Mr. Wales, and a new addition to the group, this dude from Vancouver named Steven.

At about 11 or 11:30, the Mexican girls and I headed out for some partying. We ended up going over to Leicester and Piccadilly Circus looking for a good time, but was unable to find anything that was popping off. Well, we did pass by some clubs, but 1. they had ridiculous cover charges, 2. they were empty as hell, 3. the music sucked. After much walking around, we decided not to go into any of them.

We went back to the hostel, hung out, and I guess it's for the best since I have to leave to Paris tomorrow. That's right..... PARIS!!!! I'm pretty excited. So far the trip has been easy due to the fact I speak English. I think Paris will be a good challenge and give me an opportunity to brush up on my French. For those of you that don't know, I took 3 years of French in high school. Although I've forgotten a lot of it due to not practicing, I can still mess around a little bit. I'm sure it'll improve in the next 6 days though! =)

Anyways, I'm off to grab a bite to eat, perhaps a pint as well before I head to the train station to leave London. I must say, London has been good to me. It's showed me many things and introduced me to several people. Although many of the sites are quite touristy, it still has a little something for everyone. I would most definitely recommend coming here.

Talk to you soon and I miss you all!
photo by: ulysses